NATIONAL SITE|CONTACT US|MEDIA
Health Awareness News
Health Awareness Days
Recipe for Healthy Living
Faces of Community Health Charities
Farmer’s Market Quesadillas
· 1 Tbsp olive oil
· ½ cup chopped red pepper
· ½ cup chopped zucchini
· ½ cup chopped yellow squash
· ½ cup chopped red onion
· 1½ cup torn spinach
· nonstick cooking spray
· 6 (9 inch) whole wheat tortillas
· 1¼ cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a large, nonstick pan, sauté red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and onion in olive oil over medium high heat for 4 minutes
2. Add spinach and sauté additional 3 minutes, or until just tender; remove vegetables from pan.
3. Coat same pan with cooking spray; place one tortilla in pan over medium-high heat.
4. Place ¼ cup of cheese on half of tortilla, top with ⅓ of the vegetable mix; top with second tortilla.
5. Grill until golden brown on bottom, then carefully turn over and grill other side until golden.
6. Remove from pan, repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serving Size ½ tortilla
Servings per Recipe 6
Amount Per Serving
Source: Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation